Manon Flidais Solange Margherita Morgenstern Malandra de Castera is the oldest child and only daughter between River de Castera and Michael Morgenstern and the younger twin sister to Milan older sister to Julio and twins Mars and Sasha. She is also the half-sister to Nadia, Anna, and Louise.
Marquita is her milk name of her first name Manon in honor of her great-grandmother Manon DeLévis a previous Supreme. Flidais is for her deceased grandmother who killed herself to protect her mother, Solange Margherita for her aunt and adopted mother.
Marquita was born on February 24, 2014 in Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US and was named Manon Flidais Solange Margherita Morgenstern Malandra de Castera to an alone River "Ofélia de Jesus" de Castera and there father wasn't present at the birth of his son and daughter. River later moved to Grand Isle, Louisiana to an abandoned home she rebuild and later in life would return later in life for summer visits and holidays breaks from school.
Marquita and Milan grew up in Grand Isle, Louisiana and the two had a happy and lively childhood and eventually began attending Grand Isle School, a PreK through 12 grade Human World school where they were beloved for there kindness and intelligence.
Marquita is described as the spiting image of her mother River, with dark auburn hair and emerald green eyes. Unlike her mother she has freckles on her cheeks and across her nose, and a button nose.
She wears cute outfits made by her mother and has a half up, half down ponytail hairstyle held up by braids and a butterfly barrette.
- Marquita and her brother Milan got matching friendship tattoos of puzzle pieces which complete each other.
- She got this tattoo on her left side of a hand holding flowers.
- She has a tattoo on her upper back of a yin-yang symbol in the shape of a sun. She added a line of symbols going down her spine. They are the symbols of the planets in our solar system, ordered by distance to the sun. From top to bottom she has Mercury ☿, Venus ♀, Earth ⊕, Mars ♂, Jupiter ♃, Saturn ♄, Uranus ♅, and Neptune ♆.
- Marquita has a beautiful mandala tattoo around her left ankle.
Magical abilities Edit
- Power Negation: Marquita can cancel out the powers of others, making them unable to utilize their powers as long as they are under the user's effect.
- Transmutation: Marquita can easily change the form and appearance of an object, animal, or person at will and unlike her fellow witches who have trouble doing so she doesn't.
- Water Magic: Marquita is able to perform a form of magic that allows the user to cast magical spells and feats through water.
- Clairvoyance: She can gain a direct visual information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than then physical sight and allows them to act when they are unable to her eyes.
- Mendacium Deprehensio: She can sense when they are lied to by various means. This was the first power she ever used.
- Psychokinesis: She has the power to manipulate and induce movement in physical objects without touching them.
- Empathy: Marquita can fully interpret and replicate the emotions, moods, and temperaments of others without reading apparent symptoms, allowing them to understand introverts or discover one emotion is actually hiding another.
- Purification: Marquita can remove the darkness or evil from a person or objects, often including demons possessing it or mind control affecting it. It can turn evil to good or merely make someone pure.
- Spell Casting: Marquita also has the affinity for casting spells and performing rituals. She also is known for creating new spells and performing experiments with them making her a creative and already powerful witch.
- Potion Making: Marquita can create potions: substances with magical properties such as enhancing physical and mental abilities, healing, granting powers, chancing shape, or bewitching someone depending on the kind of potion that is made.
- Marquita's necklace: Marquita has a necklace with a stone known as moonstone with the color of light grey with silver figaro chain it was handmade by her mother River de Castera.
- Manon is the French form of Mary is usual English form of Maria, the Latin form of the New Testament Greek names Μαριαμ (Mariam) and Μαρια (Maria) - the spellings are interchangeable - which were from Hebrew מִרְיָם (Miryam), a name borne by the sister of Moses in the Old Testament. The meaning is not known for certain, but there are several theories including "sea of bitterness", "rebelliousness", and "wished for child". However it was most likely originally an Egyptian name, perhaps derived in part from mry "beloved" or mr "love".
- Flidais meaning uncertain, allegedly "doe". Flidais was an Irish goddess of forests, hunting and wild animals, especially stags and deer - by which her chariot was drawn. She is the chief figure in the 'Táin Bó Flidhais', one of the lesser known cattle raid tales which makes her the wife of Ailill Finn and lover, later wife, of the hero Fergus mac Róich.
- Solange is the French form of the Late Latin name Sollemnia, which was derived from Latin sollemnis "religious". This was the name of a French shepherdess who became a saint after she was killed by her master.
- Margherita is the Italian word for daisy flower. It is also the Italian form of Margaret is derived from Latin Margarita, which was from Greek μαργαριτης (margarites) meaning "pearl", probably ultimately a borrowing from Sanskrit मञ्यरी (manyari). Saint Margaret, the patron of expectant mothers, was martyred at Antioch in the 4th century. Later legends told of her escape from a dragon, with which she was often depicted in medieval art.
- Morgenstern is a German surname derived from the Middle German words "morgen", meaning "morning", and "stern", meaning "star".
- Malandra comes from Malandragem is a Portuguese term for a lifestyle of idleness, fast living and petty crime, traditionally celebrated in samba lyrics, especially those of Noel Rosa and Bezerra da Silva. The exponent of this lifestyle, the malandro (masculine adjective), or "bad boy" (rogue, hustler, rascal, scoundrel), has become significant to Brazilian national identity as a folk hero or, rather, an anti-hero. It is common in Brazilian literature, Brazilian cinema and Brazilian music.
- de Castera means "from Castera", Castera comes from Le Castéra a commune in Haute-Garonne department in southwestern France. River shares this surname with Jean-Claude Castera (born 1939) is a Haitian painter born in Pétion-Ville, a wealthy suburb of Port-au-Prince, Castera was educated in San Juan, Puerto Rico. He typically paints abstract scenes and women.
- According to the databook(s):
- Marquita hobbies are playing the piano, and making art.
- Marquita favorite foods are tamales, po'boy, dumplings, and coconut rice; while her least favorite food is carne-de-sol and tongue.
- Marquita favorite pastimes are cooking and baking.
- Her favorite animals are butterflies.
- Her favorite flowers are white lilies.
- Marquita can sleep up to seven hours.
- Her average bath time is about an hour.
- Her favorite artist is
- She is associated with Minor Arcana Queen of Cups.
- Marquita was born with a caul.
- Marquita does not like sweets very much.
- Marquita does not like rabbits.