Supreme Cordelia Annabella Van Hassel Boreas is the daughter of former Supreme Fiona Boreas and her late husband Axel Van Hassel, and there only child. After her father died whom she had a close relationship with, her mother abandoned her and she was raised and mentored under Myra Śniegowski.
Early life Edit
Cordelia was born Cordelia Annabella Van Hassel Boreas on January 1, 1903 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands to Supreme Witch Fiona Boreas and her Mortal husband Axel Van Hassel. Fiona never truly bonded with her child feeling that Cordelia was a constant reminder of that fact that she could died at any moment giving birth or by losing her Supreme status.
Cordelia though shared a close and understanding relationship with her father who doted and loved his daughter and was happy that she was who she was. He died when she was thirteen leaving her mother who was either in the Magical World or with another lover much younger then her the only person Cordelia had anymore.
Friendship with Flidais Edit
Cordelia is gentle and caring toward others, particularly her students, much to the chagrin of her mother, Fiona. Her disdain toward her mother was made clear when she tried to give her mother a potion that would have put her into a coma for a few weeks.
Such acts were an established part of their relationship, as were quips and sardonic remarks. Cordelia is also known as intelligent and quick thinking.
As a teenager, Cordelia was left behind by Fiona to Myra, who was in charge of the Miss Grissom back then. Cordelia frequently showed her love for the elder and often referred to her as "Auntie Myra". She showed extreme dedication and loyalty to friends and her students.
Cordelia has the appearance of a women in her mid-thirties described as having the warm appearance of the Greek Goddess Hestia according to River. She has shoulder length blonde hair and warm and inviting brown eyes that hold no hatred of the world in them almost like a child's.
Magical abilities Edit
- Seven Powers of Ascension: As the Supreme she has control over the Seven Powers of Ascension.
- Psychokinesis: She has the power to manipulate and induce movement in physical objects without touching them.
- Healing: She has the ability to cause other individuals to heal injuries at an increased rate, resulting in complete recovery in a matter of seconds.
- Concilium: Cordelia can control the minds of others with targets being completely subject to their mental control.
- Translocation: Cordelia has the magical ability to instantaneously move from one location to another.
- Descensum: She has the magical ability to descend into the netherworlds of the afterlife.
- Divination: She can employ divination, a method of reading the future, the present and the past and/or provide help to a problem at hand by using an occultic, standardized process or ritual.
- Fire Manipulation: Cordelia can create, shape and manipulate fire, the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products, flame being the visible portion of the fire. Depending on the substances alight, and any impurities outside, the color of the flame and the fire's intensity will be different.
- Aura Reading: She can perceive and read auras, normally invisible fields of energy that surround every living thing, this can be used to sense emotions, health status, power levels, or the target's moral alignment.
- White Magic: Cordelia can utilize White Magic: an untainted form of magic that can be used in many different ways such as creating, manipulating and/or mimicking objects, spirits and powers.
- Spell Casting: Cordelia also has the affinity for casting spells and performing rituals.
- Potion Making: Cordelia can create potions: substances with magical properties such as enhancing physical and mental abilities, healing, granting powers, chancing shape, or bewitching someone depending on the kind of potion that is made.
- Cordelia is from Cordeilla, possibly a Celtic name of unknown meaning. According to Geoffrey of Monmouth, Cordeilla was the youngest of the three daughters of King Lear and the only one to remain loyal to her father. When adapting the character for his play 'King Lear' (1606), Shakespeare altered the spelling to Cordelia.
- Annabella is the Latinate form of Annabel which means "loving" in Late Latin. It can also be taken as a combination of Anna (which means "favor, grace" in Hebrew) and Bella (which means "beautiful" in French).
- Van Hassel means "from Hassel", a town in Lower Saxony, Germany. It may be derived from Germanic hasel meaning "hazel tree".
- Boreas was the Greek god of the cold north wind and the bringer of winter. Although normally taken as the north wind, the Roman writers Aulus Gellius and Pliny the Elder both took Boreas as a north-east wind, equivalent to the Roman Aquilo. Boreas is depicted as being very strong, with a violent temper to match. He was frequently shown as a winged old man with shaggy hair and beard, holding a conch shell and wearing a billowing cloak. Pausanias wrote that Boreas had snakes instead of feet, though in art he was usually depicted with winged human feet.
- According to the databook(s):
- Cordelia hobbies are learning new things and growing plants.
- Cordelia favorite foods are macaroni and cheese and gumbo; while her least favorite food is pork.
- Cordelia favorite pastimes are collecting plants.
- Her favorite animals are sparrows.
- Her favorite flowers are plumerias.
- Cordelia can sleep up to seven hours.
- Her average bath time is an hour and a half.
- Her favorite artist is
- She is associated with the roman numeral II which is associated with the tarot card The High Priestess.
- She is the only known Supreme to be biologically related to the former Supreme.
- She has spent a week in a Turkish Prison for a public nudity.
- Cordelia has a taste for Schilcher, a German red wine.
- Star anise tea helps her think.
- Her favorite tea is Assam.